During a recent business trip I stopped at the golden arches for a breakfast sandwich. As I was eating the sandwich I have to admit I really didn’t pay much attention to the wrapper but it wasn’t until I actually began to ball the paper wrapper up to toss away I took a second look.
What I found was that McDonald’s made a smart change with how they package and wrap their breakfast sandwiches and wrap snacks. What was this amazing discovery? The wrapper was designed to be able to wrap four different types of Mc Muffin sandwiches. The wrapper is one color with each of the four different McMuffin sandwiches another color. They even include the nutritional information on that one sheet of paper.
As we all know packaging can be challenging. It can also be expensive especially if you are a small business and currently don’t have the volume to order thousands of labels to finally see the savings of purchasing in bulk nor the cash flow to pay for it.
But what I want to ignite in you is to think how you can consolidate your packaging. Is there a way you can use the same label for a serious of products? Now this may a little harder for our industry but it probably is not impossible.
Have you changed your packaging to be more efficient with your packaging supplies and cost? Please share with us below on what you did and how if benefited your production process.
Starting a business comes with many expenses and needs. One of the things you want to do is separate your personal phone number from your business number. If you are looking for a cost effective option let me introduce you to Google Voice. Google Voice allows you to have a fully functional business phone number without having to setup another line on your cell service. Google Voice will give you a regular phone number that your potential customers will be able to reach you on. When setting up your Google Voice account you may be able to even setup a vanity number if it is available.
Google Voice has some cool features to point out:
- You can screen your phone calls before you take a call. Google Voice records the persons name that is calling you and allows you to decide right away if you want to take the call or send it to voice mail.
- You can further screen your calls by listening to the voice mail message the person is leaving and if you want to join the call you can by pressing the star key. How cool is that.
- You can personalize your outgoing greeting just like you would any other voice mail box system
- It’s a free service. This is always good for the bottom line.
- You can place calls through your Google Voice number from your cell phone number and the person will only see your Google Voice number.
- The voice mail message can be emailed to your Gmail Account and it can also be sent via text messaging.
Now the down side is that sometimes Google Voice transcription is not always 100% correct. So it is always best to listen to the message which you can do directly from your email.
So here is to being a savvy business owner and initially saving some money on the bottom line to help you see more profits from your sales!